King’s College, Budo has bade farewell to the Bishop of Namirembe diocese Rt. Rev. Kityo Luwalira, who is soon retiring from heading the historical diocese.
Bishop Luwalira, who had visited Budo as part of his farewell tour and activities, laid a foundation stone for the construction of the a new building to house Australia house and led a confirmation service for students who completed their Christian confirmation studies. The Bishop asked the students to be God fearing, truthful, and hardworking.
At the ceremony, Bishop Luwalira, whose retirement is impending, asked leaders not to fear retirement.
The Budo school community, as an act of appreciation, gave the Bishop an assortment of gifts, which included cows and over 20 goats.
The outgoing chairman of the Board of Directors of King’s College, Budo, thanked the Bishop for his unwavering support to the school. The chairman listed the achievements of the school in the 6 years he has been at the helm which accomplishments include fencing off of the school premises, building a new administrative building, building a new house for the headmaster, maintaining the school’s academic and discipline standards, rescuing school land from land grabbers.
The Headmaster of King’s College, Budo Mr. John Kazibwe thanked the Bishop for guidance, counsel, and support to the school during the time he has spent as the bishop of Namirembe diocese.
The New Australia house
On 10th May, 2023 King’s College, Budo signed a contract with Zebra Construction to start yet another project of building a bigger dormitory for Australia House. The new dormitory site is towards Upper Kololo near the boys end sickbay
About King’s College Budo
King’s College Budo is a mixed, residential, secondary school in Central Uganda
The school is located on Naggalabi Hill, in southern Wakiso District, off the Kampala-Masaka Road. This location lies approximately 14 kilometres (8.7 mi), by road, southwest of the central business district of Kampala.
The school was officially opened on 29 March 1906 with 21 boys. It was founded by His Majesty’s Acting Commissioner of the Uganda Protectorate, George Wilson and the Church Missionary Society. It is one of the oldest schools in Uganda.
The land on which it was built on was donated by the Kabaka of Buganda. The school was originally started a boys only school for the sons of chiefs and kings. In 1934 girls were also admitted making it a mixed-sex education school.
It is now a government aided A- Level mixed Boarding school under Church of Uganda (Anglican) of Namirembe Diocese. The current population is 1810 with 33.2% being female.
Alumni of Budo are known as Old Budonians. Old Budonians have distinguished themselves in service to Uganda and Buganda Kingdom.